• Browse www.passionboard.com and select Sign up • Fill your name, date of birth and email • Create a password and click Sign Up Or • Click Login with Facebook, Linkedin or Github • Accept Passionboard to access your credentials To create a Passionboard account, you need to sign up. First, go to www.passionboard.com and click Sign up. A Sign up form will appear. Sign up form: Here you need to enter First name, Last name, Date of birth and Email. Then create a password and click Sign up. We will send you an email to help you confirm your account. You can also create a Passionboard account using your Facebook, Github or Linkedin credentials. We import your basic information like name and email address from your Facebook, Github or Linkedin account. Click Login with Facebook, Github or Linkedin. Login with Facebook: First you must have active Facebook account. Click on “Login with Facebook” and agree to connect your Facebook account credentials with Passionboard.
• Enter you email and password • Click Log in Or • Click Login with Facebook If you already have a Passionboard account, you can easily access your account by entering your email and password at the top of the page. You can log into your Passionboard account directly by clicking “Login with Facebook”. To log out, click Settings tab on left side of your Passionboard account. Logout button is on top right side. Click Logout.
Once you log into your Passionboard account, you can: • Add or change your profile • Search and find your friends • Invite them and add them as Friend • Communicate with them • Discover their awesome Startups, support them and fund them
When people see your Startup, they obviously want to know you. • To view how people see you, click your “Name” on top right part near notification icon. • To add or edit your profile information, click “Profile” on left side. • To add or change profile picture, click “Change photo”. To remove the current profile picture, click “Remove photo”. Note: There exists no storage of previous picture or any gallery. We recommend you to update profile picture with your recent photo regularly. • To get your profile verified, submit a proper ID by clicking “Get Verified”. • Don’t forget to write about yourselves. People love to know who you are. Fill “About yourself”. • Click “Save Changes” after editing or updating any personal information.
• Select “Submit a Startup” • Upload a pitching video or thumbnail or paste a youtube video link • Fill all the information• Click “Submit”
Investor: • Upload a thumbnail or paste a youtube video link • Fill all the information• Click “Submit”
• Type your friend’s name on top to search. • Go to user profile by clicking the name. • Click “Add Friend” to follow. • Click “Friends” tab on left side to see your connection. • Click “Inbox” inside “Friends” tab to send message to your Friends. You can find, invite, add and message people freely with your Passionboard account. “Search”, “Add Friend” and “Friends” function thoroughly help you connect with people you care of.
• “Trending” helps you to view startup or investor profile that most people find awesome • “Recommended” helps you to view startups or investors related to your interests • “Add Friends” helps you add more friends • “Recent” helps you to view recenting published startups or investors • “Friend's feed” help you to view startups or investors that your friends are engaged with • “Blog & News” helps you to view all blogs and news • “Startup Products” helps you to view and buy new startup products
To get involved in Startup or Investor, you can Like, Rate, Comment and Buzz.
You can Buzz any startup or investor to your Friends. It's similar to tag and share
Footnote is 111 characters long (max.) recommendation about user given by any of his friends (which will help investor to analyze user profile). User himself can’t edit footnote. Only person who writes can edit or delete but only after 111 days.
User will be notified for all activities on top right corner.
The ratings assigned to any startup or investor, here, are scientifically filtered towards more accuracy. The lifeline of rating value for a project begins with seed ratings and continued by stirring it with the user-generated ratings. Seed rating: When a startup or investor is submitted to our system, it will be processed; to analyze whether it is in terms with our guidelines or not. Once the project is accepted, it will go public and instantly 5 individuals (closely related to that project category) are assigned for seed ratings. Seed rating of investor is complicated and refreshed once a year. For startups, seed rating is one-time constant value and generated from a devised formula as follow. Positives – Higher the score; higher the ratings (scale: 0 to 10) Feasibility Uniqueness Growth Quality Startup easiness Process clarity Negatives – Higher the score; lower the ratings (scale: 0 to 10) Investment risk factor Time consumption to effect Redundancy featured Positives/Negatives – Can be positive or negative (scale: 0 to 10) Impact (of project upon humanity, society and environment) Profile (of project creators) -The highest seed score that can be achieved is 70 and the highest seed rating that can be achieved is 7 (and it’s out of 10 though). - If the total score comes in negative value, the rating will not be assigned. - While calculating seed ratings, if any one of the 5 seed raters approaches to negative total score, rating will not be assigned. - With all those positive seed ratings, Bayesian statistics is used to calculate the final rating of a project. Rating (R) = ((M × Mn)+(Nr × Mr))/(Mn+Nr) Where, M = mean rating across database Mn = Minimum number of ratings required Nr = Total number of ratings Mr = Mean of ratings given Note: We recommend all users to consider above-mentioned 10 factors while assigning “Rate” value to any Project.
Ranking is based on ratings. The profile with highest rating will rank 1.
Trending has huge impact on user’s project. In fact, only those startups are “Fundables” which are trending. The major variables of trending score are: a) Like b) Rating c) Comment d) Buzz e) Time period Like + Rating These variables have one to one effect i.e. one user can contribute single like / one user can give single rating (at most). Comment This variable has multitude effect i.e. one user can contribute multiple comments. Buzz This variable has one to one immediate effect but multitude effect in later stage. i.e. one user can Buzz (share) once but to unlimited other users. Here who Buzzes will be unique Buzzer but not to whom it is Buzzed. Time period This variable is of two kinds: Functional period and Event period.
• Every feburary 1st, Startup of the year is announced, which receives 100% need-met funding. Top 10 startups receives partial startup perks and offers.